The following is required in order to release a vehicle from the City of Port Richey Police Impound lot:
- The registered owner of the vehicle must be present at the time of release.
- If the registered owner of the vehicle cannot be present, a notarized letter from the vehicle owner, granting a designee permission to obtain the vehicle must be submitted. Call the Police Service Technician at 727-835-0978 for details.
- For lien holders, the same impound release requirements apply, along with a Hold Harmless letter and title of the vehicle.
- The driver must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- The vehicle must have a valid registration and tag.
- A paid tow bill receipt must be present.
- Payment in the form of a money order: $200 for the administrative fee (for first occurrence) and a $15 storage fee per day, which begins accruing from the day of impound.
- All money orders must be made payable to the City of Port Richey. No other forms of payment are accepted.
The impound lot operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All requirements must be satisfied for impound release.